1. September is Pediatric Cancer Awareness Month.
2. It’s a great way to support Katy’s Courage in their work to help end cancer in children.
3. 100% of your donation in September will go to pediatric cancer research.
4. As Maya Angelou once said, “Giving liberates the soul of the giver.”
5. Childhood cancers are the #1 disease killer of children–more than asthma, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, and pediatric AIDS combined.
6.Childhood cancer is not a single disease, but rather many different types fall into 12 major categories. Many cancers are almost exclusively found in children.
7.Cancer in childhood occurs regularly, randomly, and spares no ethnic group, socioeconomic class, or geographic region.
8.The cause of most childhood cancers are unknown and at present, cannot be prevented.
9. Several childhood cancers continue to have a very poor prognosis.
10. On average, 12,500 children in the U.S. are diagnosed with cancer each year.